Buying the best electric scooter in India is nothing less than a challenge. Plenty of options are available online/offline. In this comprehensive buying guide, you’ll find a quality electric scooter with features, specifications, and competitive prices.
There are several reasons why you must buy electric scooters in this new age? First and foremost, they are safe with no license requirement to drive. Electric scooters are the most convenient joy ride for grown-up kids.
Moreover, these eco-friendly vehicles don’t produce any noise and cause air pollution, thus saving energy and fuel. A perfect e-vehicle to buy this year with low operating costs and maintenance.
Our experts have also discussed the detailed electric scooter buying guide with Pros& cons and rating criteria on this page. Let’s start with browsing the list of the 5 best electric scooters in India, prices, and features!
List of 5 Best electric scooters in India
Hero Optima LX Electric Scooter
Hero Electric Flash E2 Scooter
Hero Electric Flash HX Scooter
Hero Electric Nyx ER Scooter
BBM International Electric Scooter
Best electric scooters in India for 2021
Electric scooters have become an alternative source to conventional vehicles for covering short distances in the big cities. We do not deny the fact that there can be some issues. But with the severe advantages these electric scooters offer, the problems can be overlooked entirely. Below is the detailed review and discussion of our top 5 picks of electric scooters. Take a look!
This electric scooter runs at a speed of 25 kmph with drum brakes on both sides. The eco-friendly scooter has a sleek design, comfortable and oversized seat. The scooter has telescopic forks up front, a Li-ion battery, and dual shock absorb. Hero Optima LX scooter is inbuilt with 250W BDLC powerful motor. Hero Optima has introduced an innovative electric scooter with range extender technology. It comes with a personal charger, easy-going wheels, and charging stations.
- No color fading
- Portable Battery
- Speed limit
- 8 hrs charging time
It weighs around 50 kg and comes with alloy wheels. Though the specified maximum speed is
25kmph but can easily reach 30 mph. The seat is comfortable and large, which means it can easily carry the load of 2 persons with appropriate weight. The lithium-ion battery is portable, durable, and gets easily charged in 4-5 hours. In today’s scenario, when petrol prices have reached Rs.104/l. Hero e-scooters are the most economical and eco-friendly vehicle to buy online on amazon with a 7-days replacement policy.
- Capable of carrying the load
- Powerful & portable battery
- Pneumatic wheels
- Available in different colors.
- Not ideal for overweight adults
Drive this e-scooter at a speed of 42km/hr. It comes with range extender technology, charging stations, and a personal charger. Hero brand is known for its innovation and has been a market leader in the electric mobility sector for the last 10 years. Some of the unique features you’ll get in this e-scooter are a high seat, portable Lithium battery, LED headlamps, telescopic suspension. Get ready to experience the zippy rides with ample storage space. This e-scooter has alloy wheels, Tube tyre with a 550-1200W battery. It hardly takes 4-5 hours for complete charging. Buy this budget-friendly and eco-friendly scooter today on amazon. Click the offer to check the price!
- Easily portable charging time
- Dual-tone colors
- Anti fading coating
- Large seat
- overweight can drain the battery fast.
This highly rated and high in demand Hero electric Nyx scooter not only gives an excellent mileage but can run at a speed of 42km/hr, ideal for the cities. It comes with unique feature i,e, an Instant Speed Boost switch that can increase the speed to 5km/hr. It’s built using long-lasting, anti-fading material. The alloy wheels enhance the beauty of this sleek, stylish eco-friendly scooter. An ideal and affordable buy for girls and average-weight adults.
- Available in different colors
- 4-5hrs charging time
- Foldable Rear Seat
- Ample Luggage Space
- Not suitable for obese persons.
The innovative, vibrant electric scooter by BBM international comes is built with heavy-duty, durable material. It almost takes 4-5 hours for complete charging and can run for 70 km in one go. It is equipped with a 48 v lithium battery, drum brakes on both sides, and tubeless tyres. The scooter gives goos mileage, has ample storage of 12L, and can even store a portable air inflator. Moreover, if you don’t like the product, you can return it within 10 days under the full cash refund policy.
- Runs smoothly
- Portable battery
- Alloy Wheels
- Overcharging can cause battery damage
Buying guide for picking the best electric scooters in India for 2021
Nowadays, many people in India are investing a considerable amount of money in electric scooters. The reason is apparent; they are safe, convenient, easy to drive, and saves fuel costs. The e-scooters are readily available online. The benefits of buying online are you can compare the prices, features and get doorstep delivery. You can quickly pay with the NO EMI option and return it within the mentioned period. Following is the electric scooter buying guide that will help you choose the right one as per your requirements. Let’s start reading!
- Charging time: An electric scooter must not take more than 6-7 hours for full charging. so always consider the type of battery equipped in the e-vehicle.
- Size & Capacity: It must carry an average load with ample storage inside the scooter to store a bag, accessories, etc.
- Types of tyres: Always check if the tyres are tubeless and use alloy wheels? It’s essential from the safety point of view and durability.
- Weight: Generally, The e-scooters range from 50-100 kg. So buy an electric scooter with a powerful motor as per your weight and size requirement for high performance.
- Technology: The use of technology matters a lot in the e-vehicle. Consider buying the scooters with extended range technology, incorporated boost switch to instantly boost the speed.
- Always carry a charger when using an electric scooter.
- Do not use electric scooters on rainy days.
How do we rate and pick the best electric scooters in India?
Our technology experts have to spend hundreds of hours deeply analyzing and shortlisting a few electric scooters with great mileage and fewer charging hours. They keep in touch with the latest e-scooter launches and news. We only shortlist the products that are approved with ESG certified testing. So, you can trust us when buying e-scooters. Take a look at the rating criteria our experts follow to pick the best e-scooter!
- Built Material: a primary factor to consider is the built material. Our experts only shortlist the e-scooters built using heavy-duty ABS, a metal material that is water and scratch-resistant.
- Cost-effective: We make sure if the product is worth spending on! All the suggested e-scooters on this page are cost and energy-efficient.
- Great Mileage: For instance, we expect 80km mileage per charge from an electric scooter equipped with a highly efficient BLDC motor.
- Customer ratings: Reading the reviews, comments, and feedback helps us list the best products on our page.
- Brakes: All the e-bikes listed here use drum brakes on both the front and rear sides.
Which is the best brand to buy an electric scooter in India?
When it’s about e-vehicles, Hero is the most trusted brand in India with years of experience. Check our list of top 5 eco-friendly e-scooters that are easy to drive, and carry the load.
Is an electric scooter worth buying?
Yes, of course! In this era when petrol prices are hiking every other day. The high-performance e-scooters are a one-time investment, plus they are cost and energy-efficient.
How to buy an electric scooter online?
We suggest you buying e-scooters on amazon, the most trusted e-commerce store online. Not only do they deliver the product to your doorstep, but you can also return the product in case you don’t like it after use.
The Bottom Line
Buying Electric scooters this season is the best decision so far. They are affordable, convenient, and can carry the average load easily. All you need is to charge them once in a whole day and drive it anywhere. We hope reading the reviews, specifications of our 5 shortlisted best electric scooters in India has helped you make a quick decision. So, which electric scooter intrigued you the most? Though we have discussed the buying guide, But still in case you need any assistance, our experts are just a phone call away. Or you can contact us via email.