Is cooking for longer hours not your cup of tea? If that’s true, you must be looking for an alternative to cut down the cooking time. Well, that’s where the best electric pressure cooker in India comes into play.
An electric pressure cooker not only reduces the cooking time but also helps you save money. It retains all the nutrients of the food, so you can eat healthy and delicious meals.
Here, we have compiled a list of the best electric pressure cookers in India. We have also included a buyer’s guide that you can refer to while buying one for yourself.
List of the best electric pressure cookers in India
Preethi EPC005 6L Electric Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot DUO Plus 9-in-1 Pressure Cooker
Crock-Pot Express 12-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
HUEX Stainless Steel 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Geek Robocook Digi 6L Smart Electric Pressure Cooker
Borosil BEPC6LDS13 6L Electric Pressure Cooker
SHARP 12-in-1 Dual Pot Multi Electric Twin Pressure Cooker
Geek Robocook Glam 3L Electric Pressure Cooker
KIRFIZ 4L Electric Pressure Cooker
Prestige PEPC 1.0 Electric Pressure Cooker
The Best Pressure Cookers In India – Our Top Picks
Electric pressure cookers are a boon in every kitchen. They not only make cooking rice easier and quicker but also with the new improvements allow you to cook a variety of new exciting dishes without the need to manually adjust any settings for optimum cooking. They mostly operate automatically and make your cooking 100 times less difficult. So, let’s get into our preferences for the best electric pressure cooker in India!
Most people have already heard of Preethi. After all, it’s one of the most popular brands for home and kitchen appliances. This electric cooker by them is a must-have for Indian kitchens. It comes with the latest Nutri++ technology to increase the bioavailability of nutrients within the food. Along with that, it has a keep-warm function to keep the food fresh and warm for as long as four hours.
Who should buy the Preethi EPC005 Electric Pressure Cooker?
This latest electric pressure cooker has a capacity of 6L, which is ideal for large families. So if you’re looking for something to cook a large amount of food, you can go for this one.
- Aluminum pan coated with non-stick material.
- Water level indicator.
- Delay Timer function.
- Automatic keep-warm function.
- 9-different safety features
- Only 1-year warranty.
- A bit heavy
This low-weighted electric pressure cooker is easy to carry around. It has 13-smart programs to cook a variety of dishes at a single touch of a button. Moreover, it’s 70% faster than most of the electric pressure cookers available in the market. The slow cook feature allows you to cook food while retaining its nutritional properties. We must say, healthy cooking has never been this easy! That’s why this is a must-have electric cooker for people with busy lifestyles.
Who should buy the Instant Pot DUO Plus 3Qt 9-in-1 Pressure Cooker?
This cooker is full of useful features. So, anyone who can afford this smart-electric pressure cooker must invest in it!
- Versatile electric pressure cooker.
- Sturdy build quality.
- 24-hour delay timer.
- 70% faster cooking.
- 12-in-1 programmable menu.
- Made up of stainless steel.
- 5.6L capacity.
Another one of our top-most electric pressure cookers is this crock-pot electric pressure cooker with an impressive 12-in-1 programmable menu. It is necessarily a multi-cooker that allows you to make a multitude of dishes ranging from rice dishes to various dals, soups, steamed vegetables, and more. It has a capacity of 5.6 liters and has a strong and lightweight body made up of stainless steel. This low-weighted electric pressure cooker ensures you the best user experience for a long duration of time, thanks to its durable and tough build! Cook rice, steam or sauté as per your cravings and desires!
Who should buy the Crock-Pot Express 12-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker?
An impressive twelve-in-one functionality that allows you to experience new dishes daily without extra arrangements.
- Easy to use.
- It retains the nutrients.
- Energy-saving cooker.
- Sleek and compact design.
- The Inner Pot quality is not up to the mark.
- 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker.
- 4L capacity.
- latest nutri++ technology.
- Durable stainless steel.
If we were to call it the most desired electric pressure cooker in the market, it wouldn’t be an exaggeration. It is a wonderful cooker that serves the purpose of a steamer, sautés pan, warmer, and rice cooker. It flaunts a preset menu of 15 Indian dishes from the likes of biryani, khichdi, dal to steamed idli, chicken, meat, sautéing, etc. Its novel nutri++ technology ensures your food has enhanced nutrient availability. It is one of the small-sized electric pressure cookers having a capacity of 4 liters. Its stainless steel body is easy to clean/wash and resists fingerprints. Its dual-pressure settings allow you to optimize the pressure according to the food you are cooking for optimum taste and texture.
Who should buy the HUEX Stainless Steel Electric 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker?
A wonderful multipurpose cooker with a preset menu of 15 Indian dishes to choose from.
- Easy to clean or wash.
- Cooks 70% faster.
- Keeps food warm for a long time.
- A bit heavy.
- 20 pre-set food recipes.
- 11-in-1 multi-functional electric pressure cooker.
- Slow cooking option.
- Large 6L stainless steel pot.
- Lid with child lock safety feature.
The Geek Robocook Digi 6L model is a well-built electric pressure cooker. Its function is based on programmable intelligent cooking (PiC) technology. This technology manages the heat, temperature, pressure, and time while cooking. Plus, the 20 pre-programmed recipes allow you to cook different meals with a single touch of a button. And the stainless steel pot ensures that you don’t have to worry about the durability of the product.
Who should buy the Geek Robocook Digi 6L Smart Electric Pressure Cooker?
Due to many advanced features, this smart-electric pressure cooker is ideal for people with busy lives. It makes the whole cooking process fast and easy.
- Seven different safety features.
- Latest PiC technology.
- BIS certified.
- Easy to clean.
- A bit expensive
Borosil BEPC6LDS13 model is one of the top-most electric pressure cookers available in the market. It focuses on preserving the nutrients of the food while pressure cooking it. The best thing is that there is no hassle of counting whistles throughout the cooking process. The 15-hour delay timer allows you to cook anytime. You just have to sit back and let the cooker do its job. Moreover, it comes with seven built-in safety features for better protection.
Who should buy the Borosil BEPC6LDS13 6L Electric Pressure Cooker?
People with large families can invest in this electric cooker. It’s affordable in comparison to other similar automatic electric pressure cookers.
- Keep-warm function.
- Delay timer.
- 2-year warranty.
- Automatic electric pressure cooker.
- Spatula holder present.
- No manual setting option is available.
- 900W power consumption.
- Twin multipurpose electric cooker.
- 12-pre-set cooking options.
- Smart-temperature control system.
- 5L capacity.
The Sharp 12-in-1 dual electric pressure cooker is the first of its kind. It has two cooking pots of 2.5L each. The best thing is that you can cook up to four dishes simultaneously in this cooker. Plus, the twelve automatic cooking modes allow you to cook a variety of dishes with complete perfection. It also has a keep-warm function to keep the food warm and fresh.
Who should buy the SHARP 12-in-1 Dual Electric Pressure Cooker?
Anyone who is looking for a versatile electric pressure cooker can check out this product. It is ideal for families of six to eight.
- 24-hour delay timer.
- 12-hour keep-warm function.
- Easy to clean.
- Cook four dishes at a time.
- Only 1-year warranty.
- Customer service is not up to the mark.
- 5-preset menus.
- Slim and compact design.
- Easy operation.
- PiC intelligent cooking technology.
This pressure cooker by Robocook is an efficient automatic electric pressure cooker that features 5-preset menus including dal, gravy, biryani. Its PiC intelligent cooking technology effectively regulates heat, temperature, pressure, and time to improvise and optimize the nutritional status of your dishes. This latest electric pressure cooker flaunts a unique design that is glamorous and compact. It also comes with 7 microchip-controlled, supplementary safety guards. It has simple operations, all you need to do is rotate the knob and you can choose between preset option or saut and manual. It has a capacity of 3 liters, is non-stick, and has an insulated handle for safe handling.
Who should buy the Geek Robocook Glam 3 litre Automatic Electric Pressure Cooker?
An exemplary addition to your kitchen that is modern, healthy, and glamorous.
- Preserves rich nutritional value.
- Additional safety guard control.
- Measuring cup and spatula available.
- Insulated handle.
- No indicator available to show when the meal is ready.
A well-built electric pressure cooker that prevents your food from being overcooked and also cuts down on the cooking time by 70%. It performs 8-functions ranging from that of a pressure cooker to that of a yogurt maker. It serves multiple purposes like cooking rice, meat/stew, yogurt, soups, dal, sauté, etc, making it an exceptionally wonderful choice for those looking for an efficient and fast electric pressure cooker. Its stainless steel build allows you to handle and clean it with ease. Also, it is lightweight and hence, an excellent choice for traveling or for storage, or even serving! It is durable and saves you time and effort in making multiple dishes and the hassle of handling too many utensils.
Who should buy the KIRFIZ 4L Electric Pressure Cooker?
An eight-in-one solution to all your kitchen requirements.
- Cooks food faster.
- Easy to clean.
- Saves cooking time by 70%.
- Might cause a bit of noise.
Prestige has always been a brand you can trust, and so is its new revolutionized electric pressure cooker. It offers you preset menus that allow you to pressure cook, steam vegetables, make soups, sauté, bake cakes or make stews as per your desire. It has an impressive capacity of 6 liters. It also flaunts an electromechanical timer for keeping a tab on the cooking time and a detachable lid that you can remove or join as per your convenience. This is one of the Modern electric pressure cookers that flaunt a seamless reinforced outer body and an auto-pressure feature. Runs on 1000 watts of power and has a warranty period of 1 year.
Who should buy the Prestige PEPC 1.0 Electric Pressure Cooker?
A durable, multipurpose cooker from a well-reputed brand is bound to make your cooking extra happening
- 1-year warranty.
- Highly efficient cooker.
- Saves energy.
- Seamless cooking experience.
- May not last longer.
Buying Guide – Best electric pressure cookers in India
The electric pressure cooker is one of the multipurpose cooking devices that doesn’t consume much energy but does provide healthier and delicious food. So, here is a buying guide with some features and specifications mentioned that would help you to choose the right product for yourself. Let’s have a look into it :
- Pressure level: Electric pressure cookers are versatile and come in different pressure levels. You must remember that a higher the pressure level faster will be the cooking process. So out of a thousand models, choose the one that fits your needs.
- Size and design: You need to select an electric pressure cooker based on the size of your family and requirements. For a nuclear family, you can choose a cooker of 2-3 quarts for a maximum of 3-4 servings. And in the case of large families, purchase a cooker of 6-8 quarts for maximum servings.
- Safety precautions: As an electric pressure cooker is one of the essential kitchen appliances and should come with safety features. A good electric pressure must include various sensors or light indicators so that it guarantees proper safety and protection.
- Additional accessories: As we all know, idli is one of the must-go dishes for Indians and is usually made with an idli stand. So make sure that all-important accessories are provided to you along with the electric pressure cooker. Most of the brands do mention additional accessories in the guide for more convenience.
- Material and quality: Usually, electric pressure cookers are made up of aluminum or stainless steel. Electric pressure cookers with aluminum instant pots are more budget-friendly but don’t last long. Whereas, stainless steel pressure cookers are pretty expensive but are long-lasting. Prefer buying a stainless steel model for better performance and reliability.
- Brand: Always prefer to buy a product from reputed brands no matter what. As good brands such as, Prestige, Borosil, etc, guarantee good performance, durability, and additional features that might not get in other non-branded products.
- Easy to clean: Make sure to purchase an electric pressure cooker that is easy to operate and clean. Also, if you’re using a dishwasher in your home, then buying a dishwasher-friendly electric pressure cooker is more beneficial. Always read the manufacturer guidelines for better maintenance.
- Functions: Most electric pressure cookers come with multiple functions such as auto – set, Real-Time Cooking Progress Indicator, etc. All these advanced functions help you cook delicious dishes much faster. The delay timer option is a great relief for busy people and helps them to cook food at their own pace.
- Warranty and replacement policy: Buying an electric pressure cooker with a warranty period is absolutely necessary, like in any other electronic device. Also, this assures you that the manufacturer will help you with the product replacement in case of any damage. So make sure to check the product warranty and replacement policy before buying.
How do we rate and pick the best electric pressure cookers in India?
With so many big brands and new and improved variants of electric pressure cookers available in the market competing with each other, it becomes vital to have a keen eye. With years of experience in the reviewing field, it is nothing new for us, and hence we’ve brought to you these top products after a similar thorough procedure of checks and balances. We looked into their customer reviews, their background data, their functioning, brands and did a full quality check before picking the top 10 names that ticked all the boxes. We hope you are satisfied with our research, and if not, we are always open to valuable feedback.
Is an electric pressure cooker worth buying for Indian cooking?
Absolutely, yes. The electric pressure cooker comes in a different automated system to make it easy to control the pressure and temperature. Also, it helps to make food faster and retains the nutritious content of the food. Apart from this, electric cookers are much safer and convenient to use than the traditional ones.
How to release the pressure from an electric pressure cooker?
It’s simple. All you need to do is to switch off the power source and wait for the cooker to cool down. And after a while, it will automatically drop the pressure. Also, don’t rush to release the pressure, make sure to take safety precautions and handle it with care.
Are electric pressure cookers energy efficient?
Yes. The electric pressure cooker doesn’t consume much energy and ultimately reduces the electricity bills. Besides that, it comes with multiple programs that make the cooking process much simpler than the traditional techniques.
Do electric pressure cookers make noise?
Usually, it doesn’t. Most of the electric pressure cookers are noise-free and make a little hiss sound when the pressure is released. That’s a very minimal sound and doesn’t cause any other problems. Also, the latest pressure cooker comes with safety valves that almost protect the cooker from making any noise.
The electric pressure cooker is one of the essential commodities that help you prepare healthier food in a much lesser time. Hopefully, after going through this guide you will find yourself in a better state of choosing the right electric pressure cooker. Before recommending any product, we have gone through customer reviews and ratings for each product in order to provide you with the best-selling products that will bring more value to your investment. Go and look into our suggestion of the best electric pressure cookers in India and bring a new helping hand to your kitchen.