A coolant is a water-based liquid. It is circulated with the help of a hose into the engine’s gaps or ‘passages,’ drawing heat from the engine in the process. It plays a rather vital role in maintaining the engine’s performance. It helps in prolonging the engine’s and its components’ life. The engine coolant becomes hot itself before getting transferred to the radiator, where it is contained within the radiator’s veins. There, it depends on the airflow from the movement of the vehicle to cool back down.
Engine Coolants contain anti-freeze so that they don’t get frozen when the temperature outside drops below zero. There are other additives in the anti-freeze for proper functioning, like corrosion inhibitors and lubricants. There are organic and inorganic variants of these additives and a combination of the two sometimes. Coolants with organic additives, inorganic additives and, a combination of both are known as Organic Additive Technology (OAT), Inorganic Additive Technology (IAT) and, Hybrid Organic Additive Technology (HOAT), respectively.
Looking for the correct type of engine cooler can be a bit of a tedious job, but that’s where we come in. Here are some of the best engine coolants in India with all the relevant information so that you can come to a swift decision for yourself.
Shell Helix HX7 550031339 10W-40 API SN Synthetic Technology Car Engine Oil (3.5 L)
Motul Motocool Expert 103291 Coolant (1 L)
Bosch F002H23087079 Auto Cool Engine Coolant
Euroils B07CMSZB25 Euro Turbo Cool Coolant Concentrate Green for Cars Bus
Liqui Moly Ready Mix Radiator Coolant RAF12+ (1 Litre)
Wuerth Antifreeze Coolant Green Concentrate – 1L
Iftex – Iftex_13 Coolant Radiator for All Cars
Octonol Concentrate Radiator Coolant (1:3)
CCC r Coolant Concentrate Pack of 3 (3L) Heavy Duty (1L:5)
Waxpol Antifreeze Coolant Red Concentrate -1L
Best Coolant For Cars In India:
- The Shell Helix HX7 coolant’s active cleansing technology keeps the engine clean as you drive. You can expect a comfortable drive as it lubricates the engine adding to the smooth performance
It smoothens and reduces the impact on the machine and covers for robust usage in regular traffic. Compared to mineral oils, it comes with a considerably longer life-span. It provides a seamless performance of the engine, resulting in lower consumption of fuel by the vehicle.
The Shell Helix HX7 features a blend of high-quality synthetic and mineral base oils that provide better performance than mineral oils. It is exceptional in keeping your engine lubricated without compromising safety. It is not limited to petrol or diesel engines since it also seems to be thriving in gas machinery. The package provides 3.5 liters of coolant at a considerable price. The considerably low requirement for maintenance is testimony to its versatility and fantastic performance. It comes with a convenient design and two holding options for the bottle, making it a smooth pour into the engine.
- It is compatible with petrol, diesel, and gas.
- It cleans the engine while driving.
- It needs decreased maintenance requirements.
- It does not come in a smaller package.
2. Motul Motocool Expert 103291 Coolant (1 L)
- Thanks to its anti-freeze properties, the coolant does not require any changing during winters. The way it can work with your bike all year long makes it an all-rounder product.
The corrosion inhibiting additives in the oil grant it anti-corrosion properties that make it a perfect lubricant for engine parts. The Motul Motocool is phosphate-free, nitrite-free, and amine-free, meaning that it wouldn’t cause clogging of any sort in the engine. It comes with incredible thermal resistance.
With a high boiling point, it’s capable of performing well at even temperatures as high as 371 degrees Fahrenheit of engine temperatures. It is suitable mostly for petrol engines, but the pricing is average. Before putting the Motul Motocool oil, one needs to flush the previous oils’ remains, but that is just regular practice.
The container comes in a compact package and is easy to carry. Its overall weight is 1.3kg, with a capacity of 1 liter. It also has a long life-span of about two to three months before ever requiring to change the oil. This product has been the recipient to praise worldwide and has received a significant share of positive reviews from people who have used it. So it can be said that this is a reliable product for trusting your vehicle with it.
- It is usable in cars and bikes alike.
- It is additive-free to prevent clogging of the engine.
- It is anti-corrosive.
- It requires a thorough cleaning of the machine before use.
The anti-freeze components in the oil make it a year-long worker, making it usable, regardless of the weather. The coolant can be used in a wide range of vehicles, from bikes and cars to heavy machineries like tractors and trucks.
There are two variations of this oil, namely, Coolant Concentrate and Tropical Coolant. However, it is not a diluted oil and requires an oil and water ratio of 1:3 in both the variations. There are three variants of the packages, 3 liters, 1 liter, and 500ml, each designed carefully to fit the hand just right. Bosch excels at making lubricants in various fields, like engine oil, cleaning agent, lens liquid, so it only makes sense that their coolant is one of the best. The availability of different sizes of packages makes it for people to select them according to their needs. Overall, it’s a highly efficient product that saves fuel and aids engine performance.
- It is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- It has a higher alcohol content.
- It comes in different packages for affordability.
- It requires dilution to work.
4. Euroils B07CMSZB25 Euro Turbo Cool Coolant Concentrate Green for Cars Bus
- The oil’s chemical composition offers a high boiling point and an excellent anti-freeze that grants exceptionally high temperature and freezing resistance. This feature makes it easier for the user to make it work in any climate without worrying about engine performance.
Its ethylene glycol base makes it ideal for radiators. It is excellent with petrol-based machinery, but it dominates in the field of diesel oriented vehicles.
The oil is suitable for the fulfillment of heavy-duty performance. It makes it ideal for heavy vehicles and cars like tractors, SUVs, Jeeps, etc. The oil works with an oil-to-water dilution ratio of 1:2. It’s a pretty simple product that does its job without technological advancements, keeping the engine cool. It is an ideal pick if you’re looking for a mid-range adequate coolant, nothing too fancy.
The bottle of this product is of a compact design and comes in a 1-liter package. Following all the standard certifications and approval, it truly is a potent coolant and an effective motor oil made for a single purpose. Even without technological advancements, this product is one of the most reliable coolants in the mid-range domain.
- It has robust heat resistance.
- It provides heavy-duty performance for massive engines.
- It lubricates the engine components.
- It does not seem to support gas engines.
- The coolant is a mixture based on ethylene glycol with a complex inhibitor formulation (Organic Acid Technology). It has been specially developed for modern aluminum, high-performance engines.
With the help of anti-corrosive inhibitors, it protects the engine from rust and corrosion.
It can handle the highest temperatures and absorb all of it while keeping the engine running smoothly and elevate its performance while keeping it at operating temperatures. Its anti-freeze properties protect it from frost and keep the coolant from freezing at even extreme conditions. These qualities make it an all-rounder product that you can use all year long. The product does not contain amines, nitrites, phosphates, or silicates. Thus, it provides reliable vehicle performance all year long. Originating from Germany, it is a coolant you can trust your car with any time of the year and expect a fantastic outcome.
- It does not contain amines, nitrites, phosphates, or silicates.
- It is organic.
- It prevents overheating.
- It requires proper washing up of the coolant reservoir before use.
6. Wuerth Antifreeze Coolant Green Concentrate – 1L
- The oil comes with a very high boiling point, which prevents the coolant from boiling, even in the most severe conditions, and its anti-freeze properties make it useful even at low temperatures.
The Wuerth Anti-Freeze Coolant provides you with an oil that is compatible with a wide array of vehicles, not limited to a single country. Its compatibility ranges from autos from different countries and various automobiles like Indian, Japanese, American, European, and Korean vehicles. Your vehicle can be trusted with this product all year round.
You can easily follow the manufacturer’s recommendation and periodically check expansion bottle depletion and top up with the Wuerth Coolant Concentrate. It is advisable to flush the cooling system with water and cooling system cleaner before changing with Wuerth Radiator Coolant, but that’s just standard practice for the engine’s well-being. The oil is of green color, and the Ethylene Glycol base makes it ideal for radiators. All in all, it is a trustworthy and highly effective product and a recipient of numerous praise from people who have used it prior and is worth recommending.
- It is compatible with various automobiles all over the world.
- It is Anti-corrosion and rust.
- It comes with a high boiling point to keep the engine safe.
- It needs thorough cleaning of the engine before using the coolant.
Iftex brings you a coolant that does its job at a reasonable price to the people, making it a very financially viable product. It comes with an easy-to-carry package of 1 liter that weighs around 1 kg 140 g. Hence, carrying it around for whenever you require it isn’t a problem thanks to its compact size
It has anti-freeze properties that live up to the name and don’t freeze even at dropping temperatures and keeps your engine going. And to add to that, it has a very high boiling point as it was specifically designed to keep your engine running smoothly even when the temperatures soar. Be it any time of the year; you can rely on the Iftex coolant to keep your engine cool and never compromise with the vehicle’s performance.
The product originated from India, so it was made to adapt to the weather’s extreme conditions to keep your beloved vehicle running at top shape. And with its compact form, you can carry it with utmost ease and use it whenever required to take care of your car, and the coolant will surely do the rest.
- It has a compact form.
- It is compatible with all cars.
- It comes at a reasonable price.
- It needs thorough cleaning with a radiator flush for optimum performance.
It is free from aminates, borates, phosphates, chromates, and silicates, a feat that is hard to achieve while trying to make sure the product does its job optimally. It is compatible with all makes of water-cooled engines in cars, trucks, LCVs, tractors, 2-wheelers, and industrial engines fuelled by petrol, diesel, or gas.
Octonol Concentrate Coolant (1:3) is a product that’s as reliable as it gets, being tested and approved by ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India), Pune. It exceeds Japanese, American, European, and Indian coolant standards, i.e., JIS K 2243 LLC CLASS II, ASTM D3306, ASTM D 6210, and IS:5759:2006. It is hard to come by a product as dependable as the Octonol Concentrate Coolant.
All you need to do is pour one part of the coolant and three parts of clean water into the coolant reservoir located in your vehicle’s engine bay. Although Octonol Coolant Concentrate will be compatible with the existing coolant in the coolant reservoir, it is advisable to wash out the existing coolant. The coolant maintains an optimum temperature, thus, providing increased engine power and mileage and radically improving its life-span.
- It is free from aminates, borates, phosphates, chromates, and silicates.
- Tested and approved by ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India), Pune.
- It Exceeds Japanese, American, European, and Indian coolant standards, i.e., JIS K 2243 LLC CLASS II, ASTM D3306, ASTM D 6210, and IS:5759:2006.
- It requires dilution before use
- It is especially recommended for use in radiators of all Diesel & Petrol Vehicles, Jeeps, Vans & Tempos, LCV’s & Passenger Cars. It is a highly compatible coolant as well, being consistent with all bikes and liquid-cooled engines
If you need a Coolant that keeps your heavy-duty vehicle going smoothly and makes sure that the engine stays cool no matter the arduous situations, then we have just the right thing for you. The CCC Coolant provides your engine with advanced corrosion and rust protection and even protects non-metallic components, like gaskets and hoses.
The coolant comes with anti-freeze properties that ensure that even low temperatures cannot hinder the coolant and won’t freeze it. It maintains a desirable engine operating temperature. The Coolant Boost provided by the product is formulated with proprietary tiered-surfactant technology. This boost makes sure that the heat transfer within the radiators and cylinder heads is quick and effective, which results in reduced operating temperatures, more efficient operation, increased horsepower, and significantly reduced engine warm-up times in cold weather and before a race.
The Coolant Boost also contains a potent mixture of corrosion inhibitors that protect the radiator, heater core, water pump, cylinder heads, engine block, and intake manifold from corrosion’s damaging effects. Finally, ISO 9001-2008( Approval by Indian Railways) (RDSO) makes it a product that you can actively rely upon to better your vehicle.
- It is a ready-to-use coolant.
- It is Anti-corrosion and rust.
- It protects non-metallic components as well.
- It doesn’t seem to work with gas machinery.
- It protects the radiator and engine block from rust and corrosion, thanks to its anti-rust and anti-corrosive additives, which actively do their duty. It lubricates the water pump also, protecting it from the corrosive nature of water, keeping the car in fantastic shape.
The Waxpol Coolant is highly compatible and can work with both petrol and diesel cars. Its high boiling point makes sure to keep the engine at operating temperature, and its exceptional anti-freeze properties prevent it from freezing even in extreme cold.
The Waxpol Anti-freeze Coolant does an outstanding job at protecting the engine and water pump from corrosion. It maintains smooth operation at optimum temperatures and dramatically improves the performance of the vehicle. It comes in a compact package of 1 liter, making it very easy to carry and use according to your needs. Originating from India at a very reasonable price, the Waxpol coolant has been designed to tackle our extreme weather patterns and cater to our needs. It is a perfect pick for you if you are looking for an affordable coolant that does what it needs to do.
- It is anti-freeze properties and a high boiling point.
- Lubricates the water pump
- Reasonable price
- It requires a thorough cleaning of the coolant reservoir
The engine of a vehicle creates a lot of energy and heat while the car is moving. It is the exhaust and cooling system’s job to ensure the engine stays cool and at an operating temperature for the vehicle’s smooth performance. The coolant takes the heat off the engine and prevents the engine water from boiling in the summer. Here are the best coolant for cars in India which you can buy for your vehicle.
Besides, a coolant also protects metal parts and rubber or plastic parts from corrosion. The engine gets ruined from the constant internal combustion of the moving vehicle, and having a coolant is what prevents it. Although coolant is mixed with water some times, water alone won’t keep the engine cold as it would soon start boiling or simply evaporate. For your beloved car or bike’s welfare, it is necessary to use a coolant from a reliable brand that will protect your vehicle from the elements.