E-VISA for ITALIAN NATIONALS Back | Print
Embassy of India,
The Government of India has decided to extend eVisa facility to Italian passport holders for travel to India for tourism or casual business visit and for short duration medical treatment.
1. Italian passport holders, whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
2. Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
3. The applicant should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
4. Applicants of Pakistani origin are advised to apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
5. Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
6. Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent's/Spouse's Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
7. Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
The details are given at the link: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
Important instructions for eVisa
1. e-Visa has 3 sub-categories i.e., e-Tourist visa, e-Business Visa and e-Medical visa. A foreigner will be permitted to club these categories.
2. Applicants may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 2nd Jan
3. Applicant should carry a copy of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) along with him/her at the time of travel. Please confirm that your ETA status is shown as 'GRANTED' on this website prior to commencement of your journey. Applicants can track the status of their application online.
4. The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India.Double entry is permitted on e-Tourist Visa and e-Business Visa. Triple entry will be permitted on e-Medical Visa.
5. e-Visa is valid for entry through 24 designated Airports (i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi) and 3 designated seaports (i.e. Cochin, Goa, Mangalore). However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
6. This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services.
7. e-Visa can be availed for maximum of two times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December.
This service of e-Visa completely involves online application for which no facilitation is required by any intermediary / agents etc. It is advised not to believe or fall in trap of any such unscrupulous elements that claim speedy/express grant of e-Visa and charge money for it.
Do not share your personal information with any unauthorized website as it may lead to your personal data piracy. Only visit Government of India website with address indianvisaonline.gov.in for any kind of service or clarification.
For any clarification or doubt, you may write on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
07 April 2017
Embassy of India, Rome, Italy
Via XX Settembre, 5 Rome, Italy
Telephone: 0039 064884642-3-4-5
Fax: 0039 064819539
Click here to download
Go to Top | Back | Print